Friday, October 26, 2007

French music, Japanese McDonalds, American healthcare

This morning, I had a crazy dream in which I was held at gun point twice while with my friends. Not sure what caused me to dream such silly stuff, but I woke up at 6am terrified.

I couldn't sleep anymore and decided to get a head start on my day and study some Japanese at a McDonald's near my work. After some intense vocabulary practice, it dawned on me how surreal the environment was -- eating 'American' breakfast (sidebar: only McDonald's was open this early so that's why I went), looking up and being surrounded by Japanese salarymen and school kids, and on top, the sweetest French cafe music blanketed the entire scene. Aaah, only in Tokyo...

On another note, I have to subscribe to my health benefits by today and it is so frustrating to have to decide whether or not I will get sick or not for 2008. I have to plan whether or not I will go see the doctor, the dentist, the optometrist, or do any type of other health-related check-ups. The dental, medical, and health reimbursement accounts are all very nice to have but after watching the movie Sicko, it's ridiculous that I have to play fortune teller to my own health. I guess since I'm young now, I don't have to worry as much but it's a little bit ridiculous to have to guess if I will be sick or not. Damn insurance companies behind this scandal!

2 comments:

wangerz said...

i had a pretty weird dream too. it was about these two boys who saw this girl on tv mind read what was on a card. she also did this internet thing where one of the boys asked her who he was going to marry and she said some cryptic name. in the end the two boys went to search for this girl because they needed her powers to "do something" (i don't know what). they ran into tyra banks taking a break on the roof of some parking garage and kidnapped her. although, in my dream, her name was keisha williams, or something like that. the two boys and a band of other people, eventually find this girls home and start throwing rocks at the house to try and wake her up. finally tyra just goes to the door and knocks on it. the girl comes out in the form of a dog and one of the boys hands her a letter. the letter had some magical story to it. something about a series of steps that needed to be done to break a spell. don't remember the details, but they performed the series of steps and in the end, i ask myself, what was the dream about. it doesn't make sense i know, but it's kind of entertaining.

Felix said...

Sicko...great movie...touching at some moments :)